Pursue your postgraduate studies at Monash with this scholarship
Do you want to pursue your postgraduate studies at one of Australia’s top universities? Monash University is currently offering the Monash International Merit Scholarship to 31 lucky international students.
Monash is part of the prestigious Group of Eight, or Australia’s leading research intensive universities. It is consistently ranked in the top 100 universities in the world, according to leading world university rankings.
If your interest is piqued, here’s what you need to know about this scholarship:
What does the award entail?
A total of 31 scholarships at both the undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) level are available.
- 10,000 Australian dollars per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree is completed
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership programme for first-year students
What is the selection criteria?
The scholarship is based on students’ academic achievement
- Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University
- Preference will be given to commencing students
International students who have either received an offer from Monash or are currently enrolled at the university are eligible.
What are the criteria?
- You intending to enrol full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia
- Commencing students must have received a Monash offer
- Current students must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
- Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least three semesters
Who isn’t eligible for this merit scholarship?
- Are studying Australian Year 12
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.
What do I need to do to retain this scholarship?
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester
- You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities, which include attending official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events
How do I apply?
Submit an application here.
When’s the deadline?
The selection round and closing date varies. Click here for details.